[pct-l] long distance retirement

How's this for a retirement plan: Rent out your paid for house, and combine
it with your social security payments. Figure about $1400 a month income, not
counting "other" income
  One could live high on the hog on the long distance trails allowing $1400 a
month. Lots of soft beds and restaurant meals. One could really do it on the
cheap by using homeless 'hostels', but I'm sure the purists would balk not to
mention the moralists.  And we don't want to see wandering bands of homeless
gypsies taking up all the good campsites on the long distance trails now do we