[pct-l] Introduction

Hello,=0D
=0D
I'm introducing myself to the list. I'm a 58 year old man, semi-retired, hi=
ker and backpacker. I live in San Mateo, California and will start a thru-h=
ike at Campo on April 23 next year.=0D
=0D
The first time I went into the Sierra, I was with friends, Marge and Roger =
Woolcott. They gave me the name of Scooter because I would sit on logs and =
scoot across them in order to make a stream crossing. I'm wondering. Is it =
customary to keep a trail name I've already been given, or will my PCT frie=
nds give me a new one?=0D
=0D
I'm in the process of reading journals and setting a schedule, and I will p=
robably have a lot of questions as I go through the process.=0D
=0D
Peace,=0D
Jim (Scooter)