[pct-l] ALDHA East Adventures

PA Jeff and I were kind of feeling scuzzy after sitting all day Saturday
watching slide shows of the PCT and CDT, hearing talks, giving a talk and
then camping on a night of hard rain, Saturday night.  So we decided to check
out the shower situation at the host, Concord College, on Sunday morning.
The problem was that the "shower times" were only on Friday and Saturday and
we had missed those.  But, being low-life long distance hiker dudes, we
didn't let that slow us down or deter us from trying.

We checked out the gym and were surprized to find the front doors open.  We
went down into the basement where the locker rooms are and found the men's
locked.  So we tried the women's and found it open and deserted!  We snuck in
and took a quick shower hoping that the women's basketball team wouldn't (or
maybe would!) suddenly come in and catch us white-assed!  It might have been
the quickest shower that either of us have taken.

Chock this one up to just another story to reminisc about when we're 95,
sitting on the front porch and can't hike anymore.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel