[pct-l] Food weight/calaries/day

--
This is the first time I have submitted anything here.  Next year I am planning to hike from Compo to
Castella/Dunsmuir.  Time will be from 4/24/03 (ADZPCTKO PARTY)  till approx. 7/31/03.   My current
question  is about the pounds of food per day generally required by long distance hikers doing
17.5 plus miles per day.   I have read that one needs about 2.5 lbs of food per day.  I have done several
1 - 2 week solos and found that 2.5 lbs of food is too much for me.  Perhaps the nutritional concentration
in the food has something to do with the poundage required.

I would appreciate any thoughts from you long distance hikers regarding food weight/day.

CRASH (trail name)
Irwin Reeves