[pct-l] Virus Alert

--
Somebody on the PCT list has the W32bugbear virus. If you fired up your com=
puter or email program about 2:30 PST, you may be the source!! This thing l=
aunches your email program in the background and sends itself to everyone i=
n your address book as soon as you turn on your computer and/or launch your=
 email utility.

All of you PLEASE check your systems, and if you're not running antivirus s=
oftware with up to date definitions, you're risking damage to your computer=
 system as well as everyone in your email address book, everyone in their a=
ddress books if they're running unprotected and so on and so on.

I've taken four virus hits this week from PCT list members. The latest was =
from "Bruce Kilby RE: A message from the mother unit," but it doesn't matte=
r who the sender seems to be, the virus masquerades as all the contacts in =
someone's address book. My system protections have caught them so far, but =
somebody out there has a sick machine. Follow the directions. Check your sy=
stem with known clean software or use your emergency disks. Do it now!

Rick, Reno