[pct-l] trekking poles

    I wasn't the one who talked about sore elbows, wrists, etc. However I do
have carpal tunnel syndrome (I'm sitting here typing with my wrist splints on)
and something wrong in my right arm which results in a sore elbow and numbness
in my right hand if I do too much of the wrong kind of work with it. I'm not
sure how my wrists and elbow would react if I continually put significan weight
on my trekking poles while hiking. The easy swing as I described in my previous
message works very well for me.

    I put significant weight on one or both trekking poles when I'm negotiating
difficult footing such as steep uphill or downhill, especially on a rough trail.

    Our legs were designed to carry our body's weight, not so our arms. So I use
my legs with a little needed assist from my arms.

John