[pct-l] Gear vs gear vs gear

>  A question for tarp users: When you add the weight of a ground cloth, bug
>netting and hiking poles, where's the weight advantage over a -3 lb tent?
>Those items gotta weigh at least 2 pounds, or don't you count the pole weight
>because they aren't on your back

OK, here goes: the ground cloth consists of my emergency blanket that
I carry anyway with my rain poncho that I carry anyway. The bug
netting is already present in the Henry Shires Tarptent. I use hiking
poles for increased stability (and as a psychological aid, like a
security blanket for kids...) and use one of them for the tarp as
well. So no extra items and a 600 gram tarp.

Saskia
--
Saskia Daru