[pct-l] Long distance foot problems

Hi

I read Linda's post about foot problems with interest.

I completed my hike in August this year and  have a numbness problem in
the toes and ball of both feet (but not as bad as Linda describes) , so
I visited my doctor about 4 days ago.

Interestingly he has seen similar problems on some people due to badly
fitting cross-country ski boots. His diagnosis was temporary nerve
damage due to overuse and  the fit of my shoes (804s).  In his opinion
the problem should clear up in several months with no long term
problems.  If the problem persists past the several month stage then
come back and see him.  He has seen cases take 6 months to clear up.
Like so many other other problems, in my case let nature take its course

cheers
phil

--
Phil Preston
Artificial Intelligence Dept          Phone: +61 2 9385 3963