[pct-l] knee finally gave out

Hi folks,

I wasn't able to keep up with the list much for the last few months so just
rejoined a few days ago.  I've since skimmed the archives and can't believe
this thread came up "just" before I started reading again.

Anyway, I injured my knee in May and ignored the injury all summer.  But,
it's getting worse so I'm finally doing something about it.

I've had plenty of other knee problems going back to  high school but have
managed to avoid surgery for 20 years.  Back then, in physical therapy, my
therapist figured I would be in a rocking chair by the time I turned 30.  I
thruhiked the AT at 33.  :-)

So, I just got laid off a couple of weeks ago and I'm now very happily
unemployed.  I still have my insurance so finally saw my doctor now that I
have the time.  She's thinking meniscal tear (whatever that really means),
scheduled me for an MRI (yesterday) and I see the knee/sports doctor on
Tuesday.

Wish me luck.

In the meantime, whatever happens (surgery or not), I now have plenty of
time to prepare for my PCT hike next year.  Woohoo!!!

Mara