[pct-l] sentimental gear

--
What a grand post.  I have been known to take my husband's ring from his wo=
rking days as a sergeant with the CA Highway Patrol.  I always wear a gold =
chain he gave me years ago and since he doesn't hike/backpack, when I go al=
one, I attach his ring to the chain and have a 'part' of him with me.  It s=
erves no 'purpose' but my heart smiles every time I touch his ring. Add tha=
t smile to the one(s) that I already have from being on the trail and you h=
ave one contended older, over weight, women hiker.

JoAnn