[pct-l] trekking poles

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

I am a big fan of trekking poles - they provide overall stability, save my
knees on descents, let me use upper body strength on the ascents, and help me
keep a fast stride on the straight-aways. But after several hours, I find my
elbows aching. I've heard others complain of the same problem, so I'm
wondering whether anybody has solutions or suggestions.

I use Leki Ultralite Ti - 17.2 oz./pair. (my partner uses Ultralite Ti Air
Ergo - 14.0 oz./pair). But we can't seem to find an ultralight, positive angle
grip trekking pole without the anti-shock feature. Has anyone seen these
features come together in one pole?  I don't really understand the anti-shock
feature - it seems counterintuitive. I need resistance when I use them to push
against surfaces as I climb, and it just seems unnecessary on the down climbs.
Plus it adds weight. Any opinions about whether a positive angle grip might
prevent elbow pain?

thanks,

-stormy

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here[1]