[pct-l] Forest Closures

Vic,

The information you have on Cleveland below is correct. I went back to my
source (Todd, the volunteer at North Fork Ranger Station) and he indicates
that the inside word is that the Cleveland NF has an even more extreme fire
hazard condition than Angeles and San Bernardino, and that the closure of the
Cleveland is anticipated. We'll see what comes out of their meeting, but until
further word Cleveland is still open.

Interestingly, the NF is bringing in patrols from all over; Todd encountered a
ranger patrol from Arizona in the Angeles.  They shared that NF closures are
occurring in AZ as well.

As for any hikes, I suspect your best bet will be to check with the local
authorities before setting out. The price for being where they don't want you
is awfully steep.

Wish I had better news to share.

-=Donna Saufley=-