[pct-l] Dry dry world

In case you aren't aware, So California is in true crisis mode.  We
backpacked in San Gorgonio wilderness last weekend and were shocked at
the number of dead and dying trees of all species.   Half the live oaks'
leaves are dead.  Pines are brown, brittle and drooping.  The only
healthy trees we saw were along Alger Creek, where the stream is still
running.  So we weren't a bit surprised when San Bern. National Forest
closed the wilderness a few days later.  It really is that bad.
Marion Davison, 'llamalady"