[pct-l] Why I use a tent; light weight tent stakes

Vic writes; "Greg, how much do you charge to drill holes in them??"

Surely, you joke.  It took me about fifteen minutes per stake to drill the
off-set holes (off-set so as to not caused a structural weakness).  This
sounds like a lot but the aluminum conducts heat really well and is therefore
difficult to handle, as I don't wish to use gloves while doing detailed
drilling.

I don't think that most could afford to have me drill them, unless I could
set up some sort of assemblyline process.  And I really don't wish to get
into this business.  Perhaps you should ask MSR if they will do this in the
original manufacturing process.  It might increase the price per a bit but
loosing weight is often worth the bucks.

As I said before, the weight savings of drilling the holes took each stake
from about 0.51 oz. to 0.47 oz.

Greg