[pct-l] Netting Tents

Cowboys often slept under the stars with only a small bedroll.  But, as evi=
denced by the proliferation of tents, mattress pads, and sleeping bags, it =
seems the cowboy experience is a bit romanticized at best.  Ordinarily I wo=
uld not burden a public forum with such light-hearted material, but since t=
his thread has already strayed from the more practical and useful to the mo=
re amusing, I include a quote and a reference:

Chauncy Thomas, "I go camping to have a good time, and a third of that time=
 is spent in bed." from Horace Kephart's Camping and Woodcraft, A Handbook =
for Vacation Campers and for Travelers in the Wilderness.  The book is an e=
xcellent work that visits all aspects of wilderness travel and surprisingly=
 presents the same arguments, albeit more succinctly, we share today.  The =
book was originally printed in 1917.

Some weeks ago under the title of light tents, I asked if anyone had used t=
he Golite Den, anyone?

thanks.

=0D
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!=0D
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!=0D
Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:=0D
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.