[pct-l] Kudos for Kelty

I had an impressive customer service experience with Kelty this week.
In May I bought a "Ridgeway by Kelty" self-inflating foam camp mattress
at Costco.  I took it on my trek that was supposed to last a month
(change of plans mid-stream already described on this list) but on the
8th day of the trip the mattress delaminated, forming a watermelon size
bubble on one side.  Not much use for sleeping on after that.  I called
and got a return authorization form.  I sent the mattress back (twelve
bucks for shipping!)  and had a new mattress delivered to me in less
than a week.  Yesterday I got a rebate check for the twelve bucks in
postage.
I won't hesitate to buy any Kelty product in the future if it meets my
needs.
On the cooking in tents thread, I remember reading a couple decades ago
in a classic mountaineering book about a stove flaring up in a tent,
burning all the occupants and destroying their gear, in a below-zero
environment.  I think the book was Herzog's "Annapurna".  Anyone else
remember reading that?  It made such an impression that I have never
cooked in a tent.
Marion Davison, "llamalady"