[pct-l] tarp mosquitos

--

To protect against mosquitos I went to a fabric store and got a screen mate=
rial. I would suggest adding about 18" to the bottom edge of the tarp then =
set up the tarp in tent mode (wider at the 'peak' ends of the tarp). While =
you are at the fabric store also get some elastic to make loops to put on t=
o your tent peg straps, so that  if there is wind, it will stretch the elas=
tic rather than pulling out the pegs. By the way, I have a 6x8 tarp and fou=
nd it sufficient to anchor the tarp at the four corners and did not used th=
e middle peg straps. "Satellite"
 Jon Eyre wrote:--
With all this talk of tarp versus tent etc, I am thinking of switching
to a tarp for weight reasons, but having never used one before does
anyone have any thoughts and suggestions on how to protect against
mosquitos with such an arrangement?

Regareds Jon

--

Jon Eyre