[pct-l] Ashland, Sky Lakes, etc.

> The problem is, that when you go with the light
backpack, it presupposes that you will be packing lighter too.

You don't just buy the pack, you buy the whole philosophy.
I whiled a way an hour at Stehekin Valley Ranch a week ago reading the first
bit of Jardine's book.    I'm not a great admirer of ultralight if it
translates to underprepared, but the book is still full of provocative
insights.

I'm still trying to determine the combination of circumstances in which
I would prefer to hike with my G4 vs something very heavy (currently a
Gregory Denali Pro).    Maybe next year in Europe hauling only one day's food
at a time and no tent.