[pct-l] Spice girls' vocal concert

At 11:01 AM 9/15/02, Richard Calliger wrote:
>Helloooo...what, pray tel, is all this??

We have someone in San Diego, using a cts.com dialup to connect to the net
who is infected with the Klez virus.

The klez virus forges the "from" address, getting the it from the same
places that it gets the "to" addresses it uses, namely the Outlook Address
book and the Internet Explorer cache. This infected person either is or was
a list member, or browsed the list archives, so he has a bunch of list
members' addresses available for the Klez virus to exploit.

The junk that made it to the list is the deactivated remains of the virus,
after the filters tried to strip the non text portions of the message.

For every one of these that makes it to the list, I have 20 get caught in
the spam filters

--
Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com