[pct-l] Water Bladder Hose

Caroline Tigeress wrote:

>     I don't htink it would promote mold and I'm glad to see I'm not the
> only one who has the opinion about water in the tube (warm and icky).
>  Do you know where to get replacement mouthpieces/bladders at?

I dealt with this problem this summer.  I bought a Gregory Mirage fanny-pac=
k with a mylar bladder and hose system that also fit in my Kelty pack.  I h=
ad been through 4 Mylar sacks in about 8 years.  After awhile the mylar bla=
dder delaminates and starts to trap water
in the bladder. This summer I went looking for replacements and found Grego=
ry has abandoned the mylar bladder and now sells  a blue soft plastic bladd=
er and hose combo.  It cost about $20, and the hose is glued to the bag so =
you have to replace the whole thing, not
just the bag.  It has a roll top, like a dry bag, for filling it up, which =
makes cleaning easier.  But it did fit in my fanny pack, and can be made to=
 work in my Kelty pack (if I ever wear that again).  I have seen spare part=
s for the Platypus system and the
Camelback system at Sport Chalet (they also have the Gregory bag I bought).=
  I also found spare parts online, from the manufacturer.
Marion Davison, llamalady

> --
> ----
> http://www.carolinetigeress.com
> ----
> It is that which is stronger than the strongest armour.  It is that which=
 is sharper than the sharpest blade.  It is faith, forged from mercy and ho=
nor.  Do that which is honorable and just, in the most compassionate way th=
at you can, and it shall never fail you.