[pct-l] Lightweight Section Hike Questions

> > like to take my Teva sandals, but they weigh about 24 oz. Is there an
> > alternative?

The deciding factor for me is I COULD hike in my tevas, with a pair of
heavy socks.     I don't think I could hike very far in any lightweight
alternative - I've had no luck even with imitation Tevas.    If a hiker
is going to have a backup system for anything, it would seem to be his
footwear.    And Tevas are good for stream crossings.    So I don't count
the weight too much against them.   Ultralighters mileage may vary.