[pct-l] Controlled Fires

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

lonetrail:

What do you have against controlled fires?  Sure it's not perfect, but it's
much better than uncontrolled fire suppression.  I don't suppose you spent
much time in Yellowstone in 1990.  There they found out what the result of
uncontrolled fire suppression really results in.  I guarantee you'd rather be
handcuffed to a tree near a controlled fire than a fire where the undergrowth
has been built up over 50 years.  Those are the fires that destroy the areas
that we enjoy.  One of the biggest reasons that controlled fires even have a
tiny percentage of failure is that the forests are currently at a dangerous
level of slash build up.  What would your suggestion be for taking care of
this problem?  Putting handcuffs on trees probably won't help anything.

sam