[pct-l] Does Coffee Attract Bears?

Well I heard the older bears are more tempted by the hazelnut flavor while
the cubbies like practically anything especially the hot hard smell of
fired up caffeine coming from camp. I've only had 2-3 encounters from
coffee so probably not an issue here.

HIKER777

lol-kidding (never heard it does)

                    Richard Calliger
                    <calliger@infolane.com>         To:     David Duncan <dduncan@oregonsbest.com>,
                    Sent by:                         pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
                    pct-l-admin@mailman.backc       cc:
                    ountry.net                      Subject:     Re: [pct-l] Does Coffee Attract
                                                     Bears?

                    08/23/02 01:42 PM

Depnds on if I serve the mocha-vanilla or doouble latte
--espresso does it every time however..I guess it is the "hisssssssssshhhh"
that gives it away that some class has arrived in the bc
and them-thar bears come runnin from miles around...

Careful of the fat-free stuff-- they'll tear yur head off
for that...only the high-calorie stuff will get 'em comin
to your coffee pot.. (or mini-espresso machina!)..

lol,

PS-

Just kddin...

no mroe attractive to java than anything else..
except those New York bears...they'll come
arounni before u finish grindin them beans...