[pct-l] trail tread and other curiosities

In a message dated 8/22/02 6:18:42 AM, pcnst@oakapple.net writes:

<< Deeply incised glacial creeks through timberline pumice canyons
like Russell and Milk are impossible to bridge economically and permanently,
so none of them are.  >>

Exactly. A little bit of logic goes a long way when it comes to saving budget
dollars. If you don't complete a thru hike because of all the junctions you
couldn't figure out despite input from 3 or 4 sources, then perhaps it wasn't
meant to be. Especially in light of the fact that plenty of other people seem
to have overcome the trail marking "difficulty". It's supposed an adventure,
not a British guided tour, for cripes sake. Ah the British- my perception of
them was consolidated on day while riding on a ski lift with a 12 year old
British girl visiting Jackson Hole ski resort. She promptly informed me, to
the second, as to how long the journey from England took. And then there's
the Beatle's line from Abbey Road-- "I read the news today oh boy, 4000 holes
in Blackburn, Lancashire. And though the holes were rather small, they had to
count them all. Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert
Hall." ---British to the max!