[pct-l] end of the trail

This weekend I heard from Mike Scawen, a Brit, who has been section hiking
the PCT and this year was going for northern California possibly to Canada.
However, a shower got in his way.  At Seiad Valley, he found a good motel
room and heard the calling of a hot shower.  As he says, "I had been on trail
for a month and the lure of a night in a motel was too much of a temptation,
I booked in and first things first had a shower.  Unfortunately I slipped in
the shower, fell out and in the process collapsed my left lung and broke six
ribs!"  He is okay after a bit of a hospital stay and will be joining his
wife in Sth Calif. soon.  He'll have to put off completing the trail for
another time.

Look out for those slimy floors!

Greg Hummel