[pct-l] Re: Stevens Pass to Rainy Pass in September

Go early. In my experience, the weather gets worse the later you go in the
month. Early September may be some of the best hiking weather for the whole
year. The trails are empty since many college-age hikers are back in school
and the cooler nights are killing off the bugs. When I've gone in early
September, I've avoided the rain, clouds and snow that Marshall is writing
about.

Be sure to plan for a visit to Stehekin even thought it a detour off the
PCT. It is a unique mountain village in a superb setting--plus the bakery is
to die for!

Tom Griffin
Seattle
griffin@u.washington.edu