[pct-l] the more, the merrier

--
>Why catnip repels mosquitoes is still a mystery,
>says Peterson. "It might simply be acting as an
>irritant or they don't like the smell. But nobody
>really knows why insect repellents work."

didn't we learn that it's the CO2 they are attracted to ?

observation/theory in heavy mosquito conditions:

solo hiker fine with light dusting - a bit of CO2 present.

groups of hikers with dogs complaining of the
worst swarms imaginable - tons of CO2 present.

conclusion: groups of hikers may need heavier application
due to increased amounts of CO2 attractant.