[pct-l] Night Noises

Another comment on a particularly thoughtful thread (thank you, David) -

I was moved by the subject line change & a desire to verify the quotation in
my signature line to revisit my copy of Dag Hammarskjold's "Markings" - a
slim volume of a great man's journey and spiritual struggle.  In it, he
writes:

"Night.  The road stretches ahead.  Behind me it winds up in curves towards
the house, a gleam in the darkness under the dense trees of the park.  I
know that, shrouded in the dark out there, people are moving, that all
around me, hidden by the night, life is a-quiver.  I know that something is
waiting for me in the house.  Out of the darkness of the park comes  the
call of a solitary bird: and I go -- up there."

                        Dag Hammarskjold, "Markings,"  Knopf, c. 1973, p. 75

Just wanted to share.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija

"Never measure the height of a mountain, until you have reached the top.
Then you will see how low it was."  Dag Hammarskjold