[pct-l] Embarrassing question

Hi, for the past year or so I have had a goal (or personal vendetta?) to
make myself comfortable backpacking unfamiliar places alone.  At first I
would just go and set up my camp really early and hang out for a bit, try to
nap and then get up and make myself wander around in the dark until my eyes
adjusted and I felt a little better.  Then I would go back into my tent and
try to nap again, until I started feeling uneasy and then I'd get up and
stroll around a bit more.  After a few nights of this torture I was too
tired to do anything but sleep (as suggested before by hiking your arse
off), but I also found a wonderful understanding of the nocturnal
life/beauty in my area.  Very cool, very painful, but I think it works
well...for me.  Best of luck!

Lynn