[pct-l] Thru-hiking and weight loss

High fat peanut butter, rice and beans. It doesn't hurt to take
vitamans and you can carry raw vegetables and eggs for a few days
after leaving towns. As far as meat- I would eat spam and canned
chicken. Spam is really dense and high fat and will cut quite a bit
into the weight loss. You need proteins and fat to keep from loosing
weight. You might want to make up a bunch of pemmican bars the old
fashioned way with fat, dried meat and dried fruit and ship them
ahead.

John