[pct-l] Smoke on the Water

Smoke on the horizon, smoke smell in the air, smoke obscuring that otherwise
perfect vista.  Another dry year adding the fear of "forest fires chasing you
out" to the list of worries that PCT'ers have to be concerned about.  Two
forest fires started in front of me by lightning strikes in 1977.  My vista
shots from the top of Mt. Rainier are all obscurred by smoke layers on top of
smoke layers endlessly into the distance in every direction.

2002 looks like it is destined to be another one for the record books for
forest fires.

Donna?  Are you still there?  I didn't see or hear "Agua Dulce" mentioned in
the fire up near you.  I hope it didn't get your place.

Greg

"Salvitur Ambulando"
(walking solves all things) . . . like getting away from an advancing fire!
            St. Augustine

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---