[pct-l] snakes

I was a drunken guy in my twenties in the Grand Canyon!=20
Guess I lucked out on that one. My girlfriend wasn't along on the trip, =
I never saw a snake and I slept a lot.
Since we haven't heard about too many drunken guys in their twenties =
with fang marks on their mitts airlifted off the PCT, I guess the same =
thing applies?
a) no girl friends b) drunks aren't trying to impress anyone (they're =
sleeping?) c) no snakes

Seriously, two different kinds of people here. I think the average =
long-distance hiker reading this and all the other 'snake' posts, just =
by virtue of the effort to do the research is not likely to mess with a =
snake.
Signing onto a raft trip down the Colorado on the other hand, is like =
buying a ten-day E-ticket ride. And the bar is open at every stop.=20

Flames are licking at my hindparts already. There are by far many more =
responsible rafters and operators than 'drunk guys in their twenties' on =
those trips. I just think that I'm pretty typical in that I outlived my =
adolescence without too much damage.=20
Folks reading this list also know that a cold one in a town stop is =
heaven, and a hangover on the trail is hell.
Renorick

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---