[pct-l] I had to walk 5 miles in the snow to get to school...

Strider's comments can also be looked at as a piece of institutional
history.  How often do we enter into a situation without knowing how what is
got to be how it is, what the pioneers did.  Backpacking was a different
phenomena in the (fifties, my dad's era) sixties and seventies than now.
STories of the old days let younger folk appreciate what we now have, if
they want.

I personally like ultra-light, barometer watch hiking more than my
Camptrails external frame sack and 60 pounds.

Jeffrey Olson
Laramie, WY