[pct-l] Re: New On-Trail List?

In a message dated 4/10/2002 3:53:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pcnst@oakapple.net writes:

> It's all kind of abstract to me.    If I were on trail, the last thing
> I'd carry is an email device.    HYOH, EYOE.

Some use the devices to send journals, others to keep in touch with family
and friends.

However, I agree, what's the need of a hiking list on the trail, when you're
out hiking?  Unless you have a satellite phone with a pocketmail, the
information is going to be days old anyway.  It would be kind of foolish to
depend on a water stash, that's not there two days later.

For the few that would use it, it would be easy enough to set up a group
mailing list between each other whether you used a pocketmail or a web based
email.  I wouldn't think the traffic would be so heavy you'd need moderators.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---