[pct-l] Re: New On-Trail List?

Personally, I doubt that there is any on-trail relevant information that's
critical to a thru-hike that isn't already available in the hiker grapevine.
Though it make help fill the ever increasing need to "Stay In Touch".
Something that being on the trail should help to get us away from.

Anyway if you do setup this "On-Trail" list remember that information that
is relevant to one may be background noise to someone else. So if you're
counting on someone to "filter out the noise", they may well filter out your
emails if it doesn't seem relevant to them. Moderated lists can lead to
bruised egos if not addressed correctly.

Most of the time we want moderated list them to filter out other peoples
chatter and not our own. As with the case of this email.

-Fallingwater