[pct-l] Nut butters on the trail

> I'm also thinking, though, that my solution may be too complex.  How do
> other people ship and carry nut butters on long hikes?  Do you throw away
> the packaging?  Send it back home for cleaning and refilling?
> Thoughts?  Experience?

KISS.  I carry a small plastic peanut butter jar and refill it.  I ship PB,
etc in double zip-locks.  It works great. The zip locks are easy to scrape
clean by cutting down the sides against a flat surface, so no waste, except
the plastic bags.  And the volume of the jar never changes so it always fits
in the same place in the top pocket of my pack for easy snacking.

Happy trails, Tom

Hobbit's Hiking Pages ( http://friends.backcountry.net/rogers/ )