[pct-l] Water Purification

According to what I've read, crypto is not really a
serious problem in the backcountry.  If you do happen
to develop a case of it, you'll be horribly sick for a
few days, but it shouldn't kill you unless you're very
old or in poor health to begin with.  A few years ago
there was an outbreak here in the U.S. resulting from
some contaminated strawberriers.  As I recall, only
one person died, and he was an elderly man.

As for a filter being the only way to neutralize
crypto:  I could be mistaken, but I thought iodine was
supposed to be effective too.