[pct-l] first try: positive!

Hi,

This weekend, for Easter, we tried out our new light-weight approach.
Including 4 days of food and 1 liter of water my pack was about 7 kg
and my partner's was 9 kg. I suppose that is still not ultralight,
but we're getting there?

New additions to our kit: a golite breeze pack and North Face trail run shoes.
I went with the Breeze, because I am not in the US and other packs
would be really expensive to ship over here. Plus I really want to
try the pack on before buying. Otherwise I would probably have gone
for the G4. Still, I was really happy with the Breeze. My shoulders
were only slightly sore, and if I am honest, I should admit that they
are a bit sore carrying any pack after a while of not carrying a
pack...

Now about the shoes, and on request, the feet: I have 'flat feet' and
I had the impression that the soles of the shoes were too supple to
support me through hiking from 9 in the morning to half past 5 in the
evening. I do have custom made insoles, but they are very supple and
just give me extra support on a few places to get my feet and ankles
better aligned. Any comments? My ankles held up great, though. Still,
this is the trails in the Netherlands, so I still want to try the
shoes in the mountains.

Saskia
--
Jan Heideveld & Saskia Daru