From: "David Shoemaker" <dcobblerus@yahoo.com>
To: <dsaufley@sprynet.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2002 5:54 PM
Subject: Mail drops and Onyx

 Greetings Saufleys,

I am writing to ask for clarification of a couple of things and also your
opinion.  I have the latest version of the PCT town guide.  The update
insert lists your mailing address for mail drops as 11861 Darling Rd., etc.
Is it still ok to send packages this address?  I am probably going to be
sending a bounce box from Big Bear City.

Also, a food drop at Onyx would seem on the surface to be a wise idea to
help lighten the load out of Tehachapi, but I've heard it is a tough hitch
in and out.  I would appreciate your opinion on this.  I've understand there
is a bus service from Onyx to Kernville but I don't think this makes the
hitch any easier, just offers a little more potential for supply.  Most of
the people to whom I've spoken suggest a straight shot through to Kennedy
Meadows.  Seems like a long uphill pull!  Appreciate any advice you have to
offer.  Will also look forward to seeing you end of May approx.

Kindest regards,
Dave Shoemaker aka Nomad