[pct-l] RE: PCT-L digest, Vol 1 #451 - 10 msgs

Ken & Marcia Powers kdpo@pacbell.net wrote:
>I've found Papadini orzo made from lentils that's a good carb and high in
protein.
I ordered 20 lbs of Papdino Orzo directly from Adrienne's Gourmet Foods 800
937-7010, www.adriennes.com.  Prepaid $50 min order plus S&H.  They have 10
lb boxes for $27.45 (Waaay cheaper than retail). They call 10 pounds 80
servings!  I called it 25 servings.  They say they need lots of notice.
Good luck.
I'll be enjoying it on my thru-hike this year.
For those of you who don't know orzo:  It's a pasta shape that's like rice:
There's much less air space.  This pasta is 100% lentils, so it's wheat
free. (I still haven't figured out if it creates more air space one
eaten...)
One tip I got last year was to add your dehydrated pasta sauce directly to
the pasta water.  It seems so simple, but I'd never done it.  I cringed the
first time I did it, but never looked back.  Saves time and fuel, and is
yummy.
John B./Cupcake