[pct-l] Idyllwild a wise choice??

In a message dated 3/31/2002 11:20:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Montedodge@aol.com writes:

> Why would a hiker go downhill and
> back up with 20lbs. of food and fuel when you can resupply less than 2 days
> away and save themselves a 2,500ft. climb with this extra food and add 20
> lbs. of pounding down 8,000ft?

For double cheeseburgers, a big breakfast and beer!  : )

Plus, it's only a 100 mile, 5 day hike (on average) to Big Bear, so you only
have to carry about 10 pounds of food and fuel.  I suppose you could resupply
in Anza to make it to Cabazon which is similar to the Warner
Springs-Idyllwild resupply, leaving only 70 miles or so.

I had intended on checking out Cabazon, but after about a half hour of
hitching, I gave up.  As someone else mentioned, this isn't the best place on
the trail to be hanging out and I happily moved on.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---