[pct-l] Skeeters

Ranger George from Sequoia/Kings Canyon posted this info about =
mosquitoes on Troubadour's PCTHiker.com today. George said I could post =
it here. As someone who has had malaria, I am very interested in reading =
about mosquitoes.

The first article is short and sweet.

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/mosfaq.htm

The second is far more comprehensive, but worth reading to anyone =
venturing into serious skeeter country.

http://www.acponline.org/journals/annals/01jun98/mosquito.htm

To quote George's posting, the second article is "Longer, but much more =
complete & worth reading (or skim!), this is a review from the Annals of =
Internal Medicine of a book on the subject for MDs and other health =
workers. Reviews known studies on behavior, attractants & on most all =
compounds that claim to be repellents:"

The conclusions of both? Use DEET.

multipart/alternative
  text/html