[pct-l] Glasses

I have to put my 2 cents in on this one.  I used the Photochromic lenses for
all my previous hikes, I didn't seem to have any problem with the bright
high altitude sun in the Sierra, or in the desert for that matter.
According to my Optomitrist theses lenses are very good UV filters.  This
year I am using the clipon sunglasses.  What I found to be a problem with
the Photocromic lenses was they were often still dark in the waning light of
evening, something that never bothered me until it went on for 100+ days.  I
am extremely nearsighted, but I have never needed a second (spare) pair of
glasses and quit carrying them years ago

Bob '97