[pct-l] Bear canister contest.

Basically Monte's argument is that:
1- Bears will eventually learn to open a canister even if they can't do so
right now.
2- That the modern bear canister [bearikade, garcia] is a far cry from the
original 4 pound monster. The original might be indistructable but the new
ones arent.

I still have a hand made 4 pound monster that cascaded 30 feet down a slope
without a scratch. The test will be against a standard Garcia. I will have
the original and a bearikade on display.

We will allow monte to:

1-Jump on canister
2-Sit on canister
3-Gnaw on canister
4-Piss on canister
5-Drop canister from at least a 20 foot height {we will simulate this with a
rope over a tree branch}
6-Drop large rock on canister
7-Throw canister agains a rock.
8-Anything else that a bear CAN reasonably do.

What Monte will NOT do is use human dexterity to do any of these things. All
dropping, jumping, gnawing, throwing and pissing must be done in a clumsey
manner to emulate a 400 pound bear. Greg and I specifically selected Monte
because of his unique talents in this area.

Tom