[pct-l] (Guest Post) camera

Years ago in the early 70's when I first started backpacking I carried a Cannon
FT-QL slr with a standard ~50mm lens and also a 135mm lens. Didn't use the 135mm
lens much though.  Usually too much trouble to stop and change lenses. The
rigged weighed a lot. However I used an A-16 brand backpack frame which came
with a couple of D-rings attached by short pieces of webbing and pins high up on
the pack frame. I used a piece of parachute cord for a camera strap and was thus
able to carry the camera about chest height with weight on the pack frame
instead of my neck and the camera conveniently ready for action. Took lots of
slides. Hardly ever looked at them. Finally decided I was going to take only
memories and leave the camera at home. Besides how many pictures of two or three
hiking companions sitting around some unrecalled camp or some beautiful view
we've forgotten where does one need.

My 2¢ -- leave the camera at home and enjoy the trip.

John