[pct-l] Glasses

Alas age seems to be sneaking up on me and just to prove it I had to =
start wearing glasses about three months ago. Actually I should have =
been wearing them long before that, but that's another story. But I find =
that now that I wear them for driving, tube watching, and hiking, it's =
difficult for me to do those things without the glasses.

So I'm wondering about dark glasses for the desert, but more =
importantly, the snowy stretches of the High Sierras. I feel that I need =
to have my normal glasses for evening, overcast days, or in forest =
areas. I'm not wild about carrying a second pair of prescription sun =
glasses. I have a pair of photochromatic, but they don't turn dark =
enough for what I'll be up against on my thruhike.

So the question is what have others done in this situation? Are there =
clip-ons available that are actually good enough for snow walking? Do =
people just carry two pairs? I can't tolerate contacts lenses.

I spent the day hiking in Eagle Creek in the Columbia Gorge, along with =
about a gazillion spring breakers. But you couldn't have ordered a more =
spectacular day from the Sears catalog. Feels like spring! What a lovely =
place. Thruhikers will certainly want to consider this excellent =
alternate route from Indian Springs to Cascade Locks, unless you really =
hate waterfalls, 'cause there are one heck of a lot of 'em along a short =
stretch of trail!

Happy spring hiking everyone! Enjoy!

~>^..^<

multipart/alternative