[pct-l] Glasses

Alas age seems to be sneaking up on me and just to prove it I had to start
wearing glasses about three months ago. Actually I should have been wearing
them long before that, but that's another story. But I find that now that I
wear them for driving, tube watching, and hiking, it's difficult for me to
do those things without the glasses.

So I'm wondering about dark glasses for the desert, but more importantly,
the snowy stretches of the High Sierras. I feel that I need to have my
normal glasses for evening, overcast days, or in forest areas. I'm not wild
about carrying a second pair of prescription sun glasses. I have a pair of
photochromatic, but they don't turn dark enough for what I'll be up against
on my thruhike.

So the question is what have others done in this situation? Are there
clip-ons available that are actually good enough for snow walking? Do people
just carry two pairs? I can't tolerate contacts lenses.

I spent the day hiking in Eagle Creek in the Columbia Gorge, along with
about a gazillion spring breakers. But you couldn't have ordered a more
spectacular day from the Sears catalog. Feels like spring! What a lovely
place. Thruhikers will certainly want to consider this excellent alternate
route from Indian Springs to Cascade Locks, unless you really hate
waterfalls, 'cause there are one heck of a lot of 'em along a short stretch
of trail!

Happy spring hiking everyone! Enjoy!

~>^..^<