[pct-l] Hats for Nina

In a message dated 3/24/02 11:21:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mizwaterfall@yahoo.com writes:

<< Many thanks to you and everyone else for all the good
 info on sun protection. My main concern about a straw
 hat is having it rub against my pack. I'm going to do
 a couple of hikes wearing it to see if it's
 comfortable. If not, I may go with a legionnaire-style
 desert hat. >>

I bought this great looking ($30, Australian Outback Collection), wide
brimmed hat that will stay in the closet this year because it doesn't roll up
and stick into the pack when I don't want to wear it.

Instead, I will wear my generic billcap with a generic bandana tucked under
it to protect my neck from the sun when needed.  The bandana is also my
washcloth-dishcloth-towel-tablecloth, and the billcap keeps the rain off my
glasses when I'm wearing my poncho/tarp tent.  If it doesn't do double-duty,
consider not carrying it.