From: Nina Baxley [mailto:mizwaterfall@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 8:18 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Sun Protection

Hi all,

Coming out of lurking, now that I'll be on the PCT in
less than two months ...

I need suggestions/tried and true approaches for
protecting very fair, skin-cancer-prone skin from the
sun on the PCT, particularly in southern California.
On the AT I just used sunscreen, but I'm afraid that
won't be enough, particularly since I always forget to
reapply it once it's come off.

Umbrella? Long sleeves and long pants? Great big hats?
What has worked most effectively for y'all?

Thanks!

Nina Baxley