[pct-l] RE: slide film

>"David Dalbey" <dave@dalbey.org> wrote:
>Actually, I just looked at it and it's Kodak Ektachrome Professional =
>E100S.

Profesional film is great, but you should know:
1.  It is higher quality but more unstable.  It requires refrigeration to
remain at its optimum state.  (Shoot it at room temp though, not out of the
fridge.)  Another way to say it is that it's better film, but has a shorter
shelf life. It should also be processed ASAP.  Then it stabilizes.
2.  Pro film is usually more expensive.

BTW, I swear by Fuji film.  The skin tone 'problem' will probably not be
noticable.  Your subjects will be dusty anyway... Photographing people in a
studio with good lighting?  Then worry about the skin tone qualities of the
film...
John B./Cupcake
Santa Cruz